Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Applique Project - Progress II


I'm happy to say that I'm done with sewing the applique...phew! The daisies seems intimidating to sew so I started sewing what I thought was the hardest, little cute daisies. I drew the lines first before stitching, just so I can get the exact looking daisies. Everything went well minus this one daisy that I had to unpicked twice! 


The stems supposed to be the easiest to sew but somehow I ended up unpicking the stitches several times. You can see the unraveled stems and my uh.......'shivering' stitches :P. 


Never thought that I could sew those small circles. When I saw the tutorial I thought it was impossible to sew something that small. But I just do it & did it! Yea :D


The whole flower bouquet.



Next thing to do is to add batting to the back and maybe sew piping along the corners. I'll update on that when it's fully done soon.

Have a nice day :)


7 comments:

  1. the shivering stitch adding "seni" to it.. really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cheerfull, I love it! Your machine stitching is sooo neat, I wish I could do that. I have to applique by hand as I am too much of a cluts with the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the stitches are very neat.. can't believe you actually drew the lines for the daisies first and unpick the uneven stitches... :) *sewing nerd* heheheheheh

    mine is done as well.. lots of shivering and unevenness and wonky lines.. but kinda fond of the whole thing *have to say that la cause too lazy to unpick and redo..* uhuhuhu

    pat on the back for a job well done Bea.. thanks for participating..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... cantik-lah... It has turned out very well.. The daisies are perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute... shivering stitches? i tot it was done intentionally! hehehehe.. ;) cantik la!

    Untuk cute daisies tu.. mmg perfectto!
    SAya punya, saya tak draw dulu pun..... terus jahit.. sbb kureng kesabaran.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...