As you can see, I'm still in the midst of patching up the fabrics together. I've chosen the dots, black & white prints & some printed images for the main body of the bag. Luckily I found a medium weight denim for the exterior/ lining. So there is some repurposing involved in this project.
I'm sort of going for the silent movie star theme, so I printed two images of Charlie Chaplin and Louise Brooks on muslin using my deskjet printer. I ended up spending more time experimenting with fabric printing instead of working on the bag itself! :P
For the base and binding, I'm using a red grid line fabric. The patches might be hand quilted & I hope it won't turn out looking like a pot holder.
The handle gonna look like the above as I kept on playing with the fabric. Hope everything will be smooth sailing as I'm working with different types of materials...yikes!
I'll be posting more progress soon.
Have a nice weekend :)