Friday, February 18, 2011

Reversible Bucket Bag - Work In Progress I


As you can see, I'm still in the midst of patching up the fabrics together. I've chosen the dots, black & white prints & some printed images for the main body of the bag. Luckily I found a medium weight denim for the exterior/ lining. So there is some repurposing involved in this project.

I'm sort of going for the silent movie star theme, so I printed two images of Charlie Chaplin and Louise Brooks on muslin using my deskjet printer. I ended up spending more time experimenting with fabric printing instead of working on the bag itself! :P


For the base and binding, I'm using a red grid line fabric. The patches might be hand quilted & I hope it won't turn out looking like a pot holder.


The handle gonna look like the above as I kept on playing with the fabric. Hope everything will be smooth sailing as I'm working with different types of materials...yikes!
I'll be posting more progress soon.

Have a nice weekend :)

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh, Very good start! I really like the fabrics, they are so fun. Keep keeping on. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see this finished, yummity fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is this coming along??? You left me wanting more.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hoola Tallulah. Thanks for dropping by:)

    Sena, the bag's nearly done....not as hard as I thought. Just wait for my next post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...