Thursday, April 14, 2011

MyBotang Sew Along - Applique Project


Beautiful eh? This applique project is by Kajsa from Syko. I thought it would look nice hanging somewhere near my sewing nook, so I'm joining Mybotang's 2nd sew along. Yipeeee! (an enthusiastic one of course:D)
Now I need to print the PDF pattern and read through the step by step instructions from Sew Mama Sew.

Project time-line (copy paste from Mybotang as a reminder for me :)

1. Print pattern, instruction and choose fabrics - 11 - 17 April (1 week)

2. Trace, iron on fabric and cut - (Instruction 1-2 on instruction page) - 18 - 24 April (1 week)

3. Arrange on background fabric and iron -  (Instruction 3-4 on instruction page) - 25 April - 1 May (1 week)

4. Appliqué the pieces -  (Instruction 6 -7 on instruction page) - 2 - 8 May (1 week) 


Hop on the bandwagon.....the more the merrier :)


13 comments:

  1. Oh cool Bea! This looks like a fun project. I actually made one of the once. You can see it on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/22658682@N03/2484161793/in/photostream
    I can't wait to see the one you make. One thing I am wondering about is do you have to make the vase blue and the table cloth red or can you vary the colors to your own liking?
    xo,
    Sena
    p.s. I am so happy that you put a picture of yourself on your blog! Now, I know what you look like. You're so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeayyy!! happy to you on board Bea *do the happy dance*

    To answer Sena's question, you can change the colour and fabric pattern to your own liking..

    p.s - now I know how you look like (frantically searched for your pic after Sena pointed it out..) Good to be able to put a picture to the name :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeay! jom buat patching2 work... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece of art I liked the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sena,
    I've seen it...the one that you've made is so beautiful! I'm gonna choose colours to my own liking for this project but still haven't decide on the colours yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,
    hahaa...lets do the happy dance:D Can't wait to get started...I've only printed the pattern. I'll post on the progress soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mila,
    Happy sewing to you too:)Cepat betul dia dah start projek..ni yg nak kena catch up nih..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zila,
    jom buat patching2 ramai2...seronok kan:D Tinggal tunggu vitamin R datang je....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. سلما للسماء ,
    Definitely a wonderful applique & I like the cheerful colours too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. waiting for your next progress report... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...