Saturday, April 23, 2011

Robot Plushie


What happens when a robot that is hard as steel turned into a softie?

I made this lumpy robot more than a week ago using stretch polyester pants. The owner is my little nephew. I just randomly cut the material to make the body parts - two simple squares and limbs which to me is the robot's special feature. The hands was inspired from crab's claw & legs. The mouth has a small pocket to hide things ;). Even though I was eyeballing the measurements and pattern, I'm glad that robot turned out looking cute.

Finished size: 23.5" (height: from head to toe) X 9" (body width) X 3.5" (depth)

If you're wondering how I made robot give a 'peek a boo' pose, for sure nothing mechanical involved.....it's purely head pins pinned in between the hands and face. I made the animated gif  at Makeagif.

Here are more robot's cute poses:



"Say aaaaaaaa.........."
My lumpy back.


I've crafted something on earth day & I'll be posting a 'earth day inspired' tutorial soon. So keep on checking my blog.

Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. How creative! This turned out so well! I love the zipper idea for his mouth....it's perfect for a little boy wanting to play! The animation is hilarious....love the robot dance!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute..!! I love the plain solid grey you've used.. I'd be too tempted to add flowery fabrics and colour to it and make it girly.. uhuhuhuh Love the details on the robot.. your nephew must be thrilled to own it..

    The animation is too clever for me.. would definitely look into it.. thank you for sharing the link..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks سلما للسماء & Sena. Yup! perfect for little boy & most of them like robots.

    Sue, a girly robot would be cute too :)Maybe some fine day I'll sew a she-robot....or 'shebot'. The gif animation was easy & fun to make..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Bea....stopping by again to tell you that you won my second give away prize. I need your address.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love him - you are very talented. He looks nice and soft and cuddly too - I bet your nephew loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wa... bestnyer.. robot tu boleh menari!! sgt kretip la Bea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alicia & Zila :) Yup! He liked it so much that he wanted more robots:P....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...